Open Period: May 2, 2013 – Until filled
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: To be discussed at Interview
A career with the Ebony Horsewomen Incorporated (EHI) will challenge you to provide support for EHI’s many unique programs and activities. It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the potential of the youth we serve. This is a position located at the Ebony Horsewomen Inc. Equestrian & Agricultural Center, 337 Vine Street, Hartford, CT. The successful applicant will provide, in part, administrative and information services such as greeting visitors, answering telephones, maintaining databases, attending meetings, responding to routine inquiries, from a variety of stakeholders and providing overall support to EHI programmatic staff. If you enjoy making a difference in the lives of youth in an enjoyable, high-paced environment - EHI is for you. At EHI we value experience and foster an environment of inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome retirees and all individuals 20 years of age and older to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in compiling and maintaining filing systems to include EHI materials, enrollee and participant data and program reports. Provides oversight, accountability and maintenance for program enrollee and participant files, information and applications in compliance with EHI policies, guidance, and standards. Ensures filing systems are accurately maintained in accordance with EHI confidentiality requirements.
• Performs non-specialized tasks as needed, including but not limited to developing schedules and rosters, data processing, photocopying, answering in-coming calls, greeting visitors/clients/outside agencies and directing and responding to correspondence, in accordance with EHI standards and program guidelines. Coordinates and performs other specialized administrative tasks for EHI, as required by programmatic needs and contractual requirements.
• Maintains knowledge of relevant EHI programs, services, policies and guidelines.
• Develops and updates data-bases and financial reports including ledgers on invoices and accounts receivables. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with outside agencies/stakeholders regarding EHI contracts and other programmatic business.
• Coordinates the production and assembly of proposals, applications and reports, including statistical, graphic and narrative formats for internal and external needs of EHI.
• Attends internal and external meetings as necessary. Takes notes during meetings and provides accurate and comprehensive meeting summaries.
• Reports to the CEO/President.
• Assumes a leadership role and maintains an appropriate professional demeanor towards co-workers, visitors, clients, supervisors and other non-personnel.
• Other tasks as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the entry level and competency requirements, be self-motivated and capable of performing independent work. Must be able to multi-task and possess a high degree of accuracy in their work.
Entry Level Requirements
• Must be 20 years old at the time of hiring.
• Possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Possess a High School diploma or equivalent and three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Must enjoy working with and around youth and animals.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency, including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software. A familiarity with or understanding of program-specific terminology (i.e. mental health and addictions) and child/youth programs is preferable.
• Ability to write reports, correspondence, and instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from EHI staff, managers, participants, vendors, and the general public.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Timeliness and satisfactory attendance.
Conditions of Employment
• A three month (90 day) probationary period will be required upon selection. Satisfactory completion of required probationary period must be accomplished prior to permanent hiring.
• You must meet all qualification requirements upon selection.
• All required background checks must be successfully completed and maintained upon selection, including specific Child and Youth National Agency checks and health assessments as specified by EHI.
• "In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire."
• Immunization may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those at EHI as determined by a medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
• You may occasionally work weekends and/or nights for special events or meetings.
Preferences But Not Requirements:
• Up to date driver’s license and vehicle
• Fluent in Spanish
To apply for this position please call our office at: (860) 293-2914 - speak with Dominique Bourgeois and arrange for an interview.